Nepal is a neighboring country of India and is also known as a special friend of India. The word Nepal was named after the Hindu saint Nimi, who not only settled the valley of Kathmandu but also protected it. Nepal has never experienced caste and religious conflicts and riots. You will be surprised to know that eight of the ten largest mountains in the whole world are located in Nepal. In which Mount Everest, the world’s largest mountain, also comes.
Some of the famous Tourist destinations are Kathamandu, Pokhara, Chitwan, Janakpur, Lumbini & Nagarkot.
- Kathamandu: Kathmandu, which is the largest city in the country besides the capital of the country. There are many Hindu and Buddhist temples in Kathmandu City, due to which this city is also known as the city of temples. In ancient times people knew this city by the name of Kantipur, which means “Glorious”.
Some of the famous places to visit at Kathmandu are Kathmandu Durbar square, Swoyambhunath Stupa, Great Stupa of Boudhanath, Patan Durbar square.
One can also experience the Mountain flights around the world’s highest peak “Mountain Everest”.
- Pokhara: Pokhara – second largest city after Kathmandu situated in the foothills of the Himalayas, is a major tourist city of Nepal. The beautiful view of the shadow of the hills in the calm waters of the Pokhara Lake is worth checking out. Pokhara is best known for advanture and leisure tourism and welcomes all kinds of tourist. It is also the favourite place for boating, hiking, pony rides, paragliding, bungee, zipline and other adventurous sports.
Some of the popular places to visit are Sagrangkot and Phewa Tal Lake.
- Chitwan: Chitwan National Park was established in 1973, and today covers an area of 932 km2(360 sq mi). It is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. More than 540 bird species have been recorded in the protected area. Reptile species include gharial and mugger crocodiles, monitor lizard, rock python and king cobra. Mammal species include rhinoceros, sloth bear, tiger, leopard, langur and rhesus monkeys, sambar deer and chital. Most elephants are domesticated and used for taking tourists on sightseeing excursions.
- Lumbini – Lumbini means all beauty. The burial of this sacred place is done in four major pilgrimages of Mercury Religion Siddhartha, known as Gautam Budh, was born in Lumbini.
- Janakpur: Janakpur is approximately 390 km and a 10-hour drive from Kathmandu, is the birthplace of Lord Rama’s consort Godess Sita (Janaki). One can experience the tarai culture of southern Nepal to visit the grand Ram Janaki Temple in the center of the city which draws allusions to the famous Hindu epic Ramayana. The temple is the main attraction of the city and draws large crowds of visitors. It is also one of the holy sites on the route of Parikrama (holy circle) which is carried out by devout Hindus as a form of worship along with Ayodhya, Kashi and Brij in India.
- Nagarkot: Nagarkotis a village in the Kathmandu Valley of Nepal situated 32 km north east of Kathmandu. Valley. Nagarkot is famous for its Himalayan views during sunrise being particularly magnificent. Besides scenic views and outdoor hiking, it doesn’t offer much, but this laid-back vibe (and not a tout in sight) makes it a good place for long-term backpackers to spend two or three nights peacefully under the natural beauty and plan the next leg of their trip.
Delicacy: Nepalese cuisine reflects the unique geographical position of Nepal, which wedged between India to the south and Tibet to the north. These contrasting influences create a complex cultural synthesis, which manifests in the lively interaction of the remarkably diverse Nepali ethnic groups and religious traditions. The dishes from the Indian planes and the exotic specialties of the high Himalayas influence Nepali cuisine; the food reflects the diversity and the spirit of Nepal in the variety and the balance of its gastronomical offerings — fiery at times, but with various milder components. Some of the famous dishes are Sel Roti, Yomari, Gundruk, Gorkhali Lamb, Chatamari, Thukpa, Choila, Tongba.
How to reach: Kathmandu is well connected with various countries throughout the world. Kathmandu is an International airport. Nepal is also well connected by road with India.